Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Since I wear no jewelry other than a weddding band...I can justify...

HIGHLIGHTS FROM MY COLLECTION
  1. Baume - gold with leather strap, sometime between 1844 (Founding of Baume) & 1912 (Merged with Mercier) - bought in London antique store.
  2. Elgin pocket watch - 1894 inscribed inside, gold plated over "hard composition metal" case - bought at auction.
  3. Hamilton steel Art Deco style watch - three sets of intials and dates engraved on back as it was handed down: 1939, 1957, 1973.   I wear this most when dressing for evening/out.
  4. Three Swatches (including the "Don't Be Too Late" clear) - bought in Austin in early-mid 80's.
  5. Thin Gentleman's Christian Bernard Watch - college purchase
  6. Citizen's Diver Watch - post college at the beach - had a Rubber Diver's Band, but when that wore out I bought a leather one for it.
  7. Baume & Mercier Capeland - I love a chronograph, and it was a time when the big "rich guy" watches first started creeping in - given to me by my wife as 5th wedding anniversary gift.
  8. New Hamilton stainless and gold with Croc band - bought in NYC on a family trip.
  9. Breitling Navitimer World, Croc Band - bought by my wife as my 10th wedding anniversary gift in Richmond - this is the one I wear most often, everyday.
  10. Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean - Auto Cronometer, orange leather band - bought it for myself just because - great watch and great conversation starter.  It's interesting having watches from the same companies but decades apart.
  11. Rolex Daytona Oyster Perpetual with leather band.  Like the watch, but actually don't like wearing it.  It's too gaudy, and I'm turned off by how they are productionized vs handmade these days...
NOT SHOWN, BUT FAVORED
  1. 1959 Omega Seamaster with Seahorse back - it's in my car - I know...
  2. Tag two-tone 200M Pro-- hey, it was the 90's ?
WISH LIST
  1. Cartier Pasha Seatimer, or (and) SS Roadster - haven't because I love them in Stainless Steel, but are they too similar to the B&M I already have?
  2. Patek Philippe - I like the Calatrava in rose gold, but I might want an antique one.
  3. An old Rolex - Full Hunter, or Bubbleback, or WWI army watch.
What else should I add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment